To Factory Reset a lock you will need the following:
- iPhone w/ Bluetooth capabilities
- Schlage Control, LE, or NDE lock
- Access to the lock backplate inside unit
Before you begin, download and log into the following apps using your login credentials. (Homebase will initiate account invitations which you will receive via email from Homebase and Allegion.)
- iOS Homebase Mobile Manager App or Homebase Mobile Manager for Android
- iOS Allegion Engage or Android Allegion Engage
Step 1: Remove the lock from the Engage Site.
- Log into the Engage App. Link provided above.
- Navigate to the site where the lock is currently installed.
- Select Devices.
- Swipe left on the lock's name and delete the lock you are resetting.
Step 2: Manually reset the lock.
- Unscrew the backplate and remove a battery for about 15 seconds.
- Insert the battery and wait for the lock to flash and beep.
- Turn the deadbolt rod to engage the lock twice.
- Replace the backplate.
Step 3: Add the lock back to the Engage App.
- On the Sites tab select the site.
- Select Devices.
- Use the + in the upper right corner to add a lock.
- Select the appropriate type of lock, select Default Settings and follow the in app prompts to add the lock.
Step 4: Sync and Engage
- Sync the lock to activate all fobs with access to the lock.
- Engage lock and manually turn the deadbolt to lock the unit.
Please note: It may be necessary to close and reopen the app in order to successfully sync or engage the lock. If the app fails to sync or engage please close and reopen the app and try again.
Please note: The app does not lock the door. The app engages the lock which allows you to turn the deadbolt. You must manually turn the deadbolt to lock or unlock.
We're here and happy to help!
How to activate key fobs