If the Homebase Team instructs your staff that a firmware update is needed for the lock please follow the steps below:
- Download the Allegion Engage App to your Mobile Device. Engage For iOS. and Engage For Android
- Login using the following credentials provided to you by the Homebase Team.
- Select your property name from the "Sites" screen
- Select the unit
- Wait until you see "Connected" banner at the bottom of the screen (If you are unable to connect to the lock, you may need to reset the lock completely. See Troubleshooting Steps below.)
- Select the Update Firmware button and follow steps from there.
- After the Firmware update is complete, completely close the Engage App so it is no longer able to connect to the lock.
- Open the Homebase Mobile Manager and Sync the lock
Cannot Connect to the Lock
If you are not able to connect to the lock in the Engage App. You will need to remove the lock from the Engage site and add it back to the site.
- On the Devices screen swipe left on the lock name and hit the red delete button that appears next to the lock.
- Swipe down on the screen to refresh the page.
- Add the lock back by selecting the + sign in the upper right hand corner.
- Select Control Lock
- Confirm that the lock is blinking red and say YES on the screen that asks if it is blinking.
- Name the lock according to the "UNIT NUMBER"
- Select Finish
- Return to the Devices list, select the lock and retry the Firmware update steps.
Homebase Mobile Manager won't Sync
If the Engage app is not completely shut down after the firmware update it can stay connected to that lock and prohibit the Homebase Mobile Manager App from connecting to the lock.
If you are getting errors in the Mobile Manager make sure the Engage app has been completely shut down and is not still connecting to the lock in the background.