To move locks from Engage managed to Homebase managed you will need the following:
- iPhone w/ Bluetooth capabilities (iOS 10.0+ required)
- Schlage Control, LE, or NDE lock
- Access to any locked units
Before you begin download and log into the following apps using the login credentials emailed to you:
If your invite has expired please contact Homebase Support.
Step 1: Remove the lock from the existing Engage Site.
- Log into the Engage App. Link provided above.
- Navigate to the site where the lock is currently installed.
- Select Devices.
- Swipe left on the lock's name and delete the lock you are moving.
Step 2: Manually reset the lock.
- Unscrew the backplate and remove a battery for about 15 seconds.
- Insert the battery and wait for the lock to flash and beep.
- Turn the deadbolt rod to engage the lock twice.
- Replace the backplate.
Step 3: Add the lock to the SAM site in the Engage App.
- Homebase will set up the SAM managed site and provide you with login credentials. If your invite has expired please contact Homebase Support.
- On the Sites tab select the SAM site for the building you’re installing.
- Select Devices.
- Use the + in the upper right corner to add a lock.
- Select the appropriate type of lock, select Default Settings and follow the in app prompts to add the lock.
Step 4: Add the lock to Homebase.
- Log into the Homebase Mobile Manager App
- Tap on the Activity tab quickly, 10 times to reveal the Install tab.
- Select the Install tab when it appears on the far right.
- From the Units screen select the + in the upper right corner
- Select the name of the unit and add Virtual Hub.
- Select “Add Device”
- Select Allegion Lock and then Scan for Allegion Locks
- Select your lock and Save.
- Use back buttons to return to the Unit list.
- Select the Access screen and swipe down to update the list.
Step 5: Sync and Engage
- Sync the lock to activate all fobs with access to the lock.
- Engage lock and manually turn the deadbolt to lock the unit.
Please note: It may be necessary to close and reopen the app in order to successfully sync or engage the lock. If the app fails to sync or engage please close and reopen the app and try again.
The Homebase Mobile Manager for Android can also be used to sync and engage locks that have already been onboarded using the iPhone/Mobile Manager Install.
The app does not lock the door. The app engages the lock which allows you to turn the deadbolt. You must manually turn the deadbolt to lock or unlock.