Syncing a Schlage Smart Lock with the Mobile Manager is required when:
- Assigning a new key card or fob when no-tour is not available.
- Removing a key card or fob's access to a lock.
- Checking battery status.
Step One: Assign the fob in the Community Manager
Assigning key fobs or cards is a two step process.
- First you must assign the fob or card number to the resident in the Community Manager.
- After the lease goes live, the lock must be synced to update the new fob assignment.
Until you sync the lock the newly assigned fobs will not work for that lock.
Open the Mobile Manager and navigate to the Access tab in the lower right.
Select the Lock you need to sync from the list. If you are near multiple locks, they will show up in the list so it's important to select the correct lock.
Scroll down and select Sync Fob Access
A window will appear to let you know that the app is looking for the lock and then updating the lock.
When the lock has been synced you will see the message Success - Update complete.
Be sure to test the fob you assigned to that lock to ensure it is set-up correctly for the resident.
If the fob does not work. Repeat the process to ensure that you select the correct lock when syncing. If there are multiple locks in range it is possible to accidentally select and sync another lock in the area.
The Homebase Resident App also has the ability to sync the lock. Here are the steps to enable the resident to sync the lock.
- assign fobs in Homebase
- leave the fobs in the unit
- lock the door with the Mobile Manager
- instruct the resident to unlock the door with the Homebase app when they arrive
- when the resident engages the lock, a sync will also be initiated activating the fobs
UN-ASSIGNING A KEY CARD OR FOB
In the Community Manager select the three blue dots at the top right of the Assigned Key Fob field.
Select Remove Key Fob command that appears to un-assign this fob number from the resident.
After un-assigning a key fob or card to a resident you must go to the lock and sync it using the Mobile Manager App.
This will update the lock with current assignment information. If you do not sync the lock the fob or card you unassigned in Homebase will still have access to that lock.
CHECKING BATTERY STATUS
You will also sync with a lock to see an updated battery life status. You will see the status beneath the Engage button on the lock screen.
Let us know if you have any questions.
We're here and happy to help!